- Sleep apnea - Is a cessation of breathing. This can be caused by a blockage of the airway by the soft tissues of the throat (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), or when nerve impulses from the brain that cause breathing are not being produced (Central Sleep Apnea), or a combination of Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea (Mixed Apnea).
- Narcolepsy - is an excessive drowsiness and a tendency to fall asleep suddenly, at random times. Some individuals also experience sudden muscle weakness usually brought on by emotions such as laughter and anger.
- Insomnia - Trouble falling asleep, Trouble getting back to Sleep, and waking up too early.
- Restless Legs Syndrome - Strange sensations in the legs described by terms such as 'tingling', 'twitching', 'creepy-crawly' and/or 'tugging'
- Sleep -Wake Cycle Disorders - occur when the normal sleep/wake cycle of the body is out of sync with the actual day time.
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder - Repetitive cramping or jerking of the legs during sleep.